Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Cuddly Clutch Blankets for Babies

People are having themselves some babies!  And I love me some babies even more than I love puppies.  We'll have to see what 2013 has in store for me (and that's all the information you are getting!)

This is a bit of a passion project I started after E couldn't be separated from her little clutch blankets.  She had a little monkey and lamb and then someone found her one like what I ended up making.  Evelyn loved the minky fabric on one side and the satin on the other, and she'd twirl those little fingers around the ribbons and then death clutch them.  So as usual, I thought "I can steal this idea and make it better." So I did.

My first try at it was this color combo...

  

...which I love.  I wish I was daring enough to do hot pink,black, and white room for E now. Maybe I'll get the guts to do it after I get the other 5 rooms I'm currently working on done. 

I showed my dear friend KJ what I had made and she wanted one for Davin.  I went to Hobby Lobby and checked out fabrics and got some chocolate brown minky and blue and light green poly satin.  She picked the green and chocolate and it turned out so great!


Then some others saw what I made and the subsequent styles were born.


This is probably my favorite one.  I have a mild obsession with pirates and this one could not have turned out any cuter! The pirate fabric is flannel.  I call this style "The Buccaneer."

The contemporary floral flannel fabric was a Joann only fabric and I bought the
last yard and made a few of these out of it. 


I love the monkey fabric - it's a flannel.  I made Evelyn a nap mat out of these fabrics.

These are pretty easy to make.  It's a tad time consuming for the prep for them.  Each one probably has grosgrain ribbons from 3 or 4 different stores so I could have the perfect combo.  If only I had the capital to get my own embrodiery machine I could mass produce them for a pretty low cost. 
 
My dear friend Penelope and I collaborated on one for her friend with airplanes - it turned out so cute!!
 


 
   
I've made tons of them as gifts and now Rita is getting too (along with a green and brown one and her nursing cover).  Here's what she's getting in her package!
 
  
 
 
 
 
....and yall saw the nursing cover in the post about it a month or so ago. 
 
This begs the question, why do they make such awesomely soft and cuddly things for babies and not for adults?  I want all my clothes and bedding to be made completely out of minky, satin, and flannel too.  No wonder babies sleep so soundly, they don't have to deal with wool and polyester and 300 thread count sheets!


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...