Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Rug Hysteria

I bought another rug today!  I couldn't help myself.  I desperately needed something for the entryway and I had been eyeing this particular rug for awhile.  This time I was playing around on Rugs USA.com and the free shipping was calling my name saying "Please try me out.  If you don't like me, you can always return me."  So in a near out-of-body experience I went ahead and bought this:


I'm really hoping the colors of the rug match both the bench and curtain fabric you saw in the posts here and here.  I think it will blend quite nicely. 

I'm currently using a rug I used in front of the kitchen sink at the Dallas house in front of the front door.  Since we've been here about 8 months and I've admired this particular rug for 6 of those months, I figured it was time to at least see if it will work in that spot instead of one that doesn't match.

In other wonderful news - the black and white chevron rug came today and it's awesome!  It it exactly what I hoped for as far as looks, and even better than I imagined as far as texture beneath my toes.  Here is a sneak peek:




I don't have it placed exactly where I want it because I can't lift the couch up by myself, but it is doing exactly what I thought it would - jazz up that space!  It was so blah before but now it's looking a tad bit fabulous.  I can't wait to finish up the coffee table (which is navy blue) and bring get it up here!  Now that the weather has turned nice and stayed nice I should really get on it! You know, after the 10 other projects I have going concurrently.

I compiled a list of my top 4 places to rug shop after much internet scouring the past week.  The best part is the shipping is either free or very reasonable.  Like, under $3 reasonable.  I hope you can find something you like too!

1.  Overstock.com
2.  Rugs USA
3.  All Modern
4.  Rugs-Direct

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...