Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Yummy In My Tummy: Easy Toffee Apple Dip - Gluten Free

This is a super quick recipe that is sure to please anyone that tries it:  Adults and kids alike!  This is probably one of my most requested items for parties and get-togethers.  I tend to serve it with only apples because the apple slices can handle the weight of the dip.  A big thing to note and I even included a picture to stress the importance.  Make sure you buy the Heath brand Bits O' Brickle Toffee as opposed to the Toffee Bar Bits. The later has milk chocolate around the toffee bits and I've tried to make the dip with it, but it just doesn't work as well. 



Ingredients:
8 ounce block of cream cheese
3 Tablespoons of dark brown sugar
Half of Bag of Heath Bits o Brickle (found on the same aisle as the chocolate chips)

Super Simple directions:  Mix all 3 ingredients together in a mixing bowl (I use a mixer to make sure the brown sugar is dispersed throughout).  Then put into a container and let it sit in the fridge for about 3 hours before serving.  This is so the toffee bits will soften a bit.  Then enjoy with apple slices, graham crackers, or the fruit of your choosing!

Note on the cream cheese:  I used 1/3rd less fat cream cheese and it tastes just as good as regular cream cheese, but makes me feel like I'm doing something to counteract my enlarging thighs.  I've also used the Whipped cream cheese (12 ounce container) and it's just as great AND you can put the mixture back into that whipped container for storage after you're done!  I haven't tried fat free cream cheese with it, but I will this weekend. 


This is what you should have after you mix it all together.

We enjoyed this as a dessert last night.  Evelyn enjoyed it so much she used her finger as a dipping mechanism when we ran out of apples. I hate to admit this, but I licked the container and when Joe caught me I said "I'm cleaning it."  Bon Appetit!

Finished product!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...