Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies

I'm just now getting my internet working after fighting it for a week, and even at that - it's still intermittent. I'm still sick and for some reason still refuse to go to the doctor. I also did my weird neck tweaking thing I do every few months or so and was pretty immobile on Saturday. You know...things are great.

But seriously, I am feeling better and my neck isn't so bad today and best of all I think I'm finally into the Christmas spirit. I had an ugly Xmas sweater party to attend this weekend and Joe and I doning our outfits and seeing everyone in red and green really gave me an attitude adjustment. So bring on the carolers, cards, lights and merriment!

As previously discussed, I love me some mint. At my job in Dallas, it was so renowned I loved mint that people would bring me back their Andes or puffy mints from when they went out to lunch. I love my ex-coworkers!

I came up with this cookie last spring sometime after I found the Andes Creme de Menthe baking chips at the store one day. I have a problem with stopping myself from eating them once I get started. I'm not in denial, this is not a "pretty" cookie, and one thing I've learned from Pinterest is people like a "pretty" presentation or else they ignore the recipe. But I assure you what these cookies lack in looks, it makes up for in a burst of mint chocolatey deliciousness in your mouth.



Ingredients:
1 3/4 C. flour
1/4 t. baking soda
1 C. butter - softened
1 t. vanilla extract
1 C. sugar
1/2 C. dark brown sugar
1 egg
1/3 C. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 T. milk
1/2 t. salt
5 ounces of Andes Creme de Menthe baking chips
1 handful of semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

In a small bowl mix together the flour and baking soda and set aside.

Cream the butter using an electric mixer. Add vanilla and both sugars and continue to beat until fluffy. Then add the egg, cocoa, milk and salt.

Add in the flour mixture - but mix with a wooden spoon. (As I don't have a wooden spoon I turn over my rubber scrapper and use the wood handle part to mix). Then fold in the chocolate chips and Andes pieces also with the wooden spoon.

Dollop them onto a greased cookie sheet (I use non-stick cookie sheets) and bake for 12 minutes. (If you want them to be prettier - like I did for the pic - take some extra Andes baking chips and press them into the top of the uncooked cookie dollops).

Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies.

They are festive and compliment pretty much anything you could want to eat anytime of year. I haven't had a problem finding these Andes baking chips as I did with the peppermint bark chips.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...