Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

Hearth Room Decision Made

Alright loyal readers - decision was made about the hearth room curtain fabric.  The winner is the Robert Allen Fret in Raspberry:

Image courtesy of www.fabric.com

The decision was made after A) I could tell Joe was a little pouty about the other one and B) because I found a picture of the other (Mercury from Lewis and Sheron) and it looked like a map of the female reproductive system.  Here's the pic:



Image courtesy of Chinoiserie Chic


I do still like the fabric, but I think I might use it in the living room instead. Something about that pink didn't look "right" next to the olive.  I also found a fabulous matching fabric to potentially use with it too - also from Lewis and Sheron...

Image courtesy of Lewis and Sheron


Back to the room I'm currently working on.....So I went with the raspberry, but still have no clue what window treatments to create.  I'm going to flip through my magazines and books tonight to come up with some options.  I'm still open to suggestions - so bring it.

Another thing that really helped me decide on the raspberry was a complimentary fabric I found in my pile of samples from when I first moved to Arkansas (circa last August).  It's got olive green in it which helps pull in the wall color and I could use this fabric to reupholster chairs, bar stools, make pillows, cover a couch in it.  It's a great fabric and here it is:

 Image courtesy of interiormall.com

It's Taraz Berry by Swavelle - Mill Creek.  It's actually a coordinate of the Crazy Ole Bird fabric I used in my dining room.  The raspberry in this matches the raspberry of the Robert Allen perfectly.  We've got the ball rolling!!!!

K.  I'm jumping off here to start reupholstering stuff for E's new room.  I painted two pieces of furniture this weekend - but you really need to see the chair reupholstered and not in it's current outdated state.  I'll be showing off the room tomorrow!  See you then.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...