Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Arkansas Anniversary and Gold Leaf Frame Magic



I cannot believe that tomorrow marks Evelyn's and my 1 year anniversary of our move to Arkansas (Joe moved earlier than us because of work).  It seems like just yesterday I watched the crew load our stuff in the van and having my last farewell lunch with Courtney and then hitting the road.  I still find myself saying "We just moved from Dallas" all the time when conversing with people - but a whole year?!

And what a year it's been.  I moved here with the intention that after a week we'd move into a house in Rogers.  The day before close, the owner's decided to not sell the house.  Turns out they were getting divorced and were filing bankruptcy and didn't disclose any of that to their realtor.  What a nightmare.  But things happen for a reason.  Within a week we put an offer in on the house we have now made a home.  It took a few months for me to get emotionally attached to this house, but I now have a love for it just like a member of the family. 

In my last few hours of being in our house in Dallas (don't worry, E was not present), I laid down on the floor with my arms spread wide and BALLED my eyes out and attempted to "hug" the house.  I was SO in love with our house there.  It was the first house I had ever owned.  It was the house we came home to after we got married.  It was the house Evelyn took her first steps in.  We spent a lot of time and money doing upgrades to that home. I never imagined I would feel that way again, but alas I do.  This new house will be where we will celebrate many birthdays and anniversarys in; Evelyn will have many firsts in this home; our other children will have their first steps here.  There is so much potential and endless possibilities for us here in this home and I can't wait to make more memories.

So thank you all my readers for sticking with me during our new journey as I get settled and decorate our home.  It's been an adjustment not going outside the home to a job but making this house and family my full time job.  I'm so lucky for all I have - I really have everything I wanted.  Except world peace and a cure for cancer and a Maserati. 

Enough with the emotional outpouring and here is a 30 minute craft I did today. 

I cannot say enough about the Krylon 18 kt. Gold Leaf paint pen (see other post about it here).  I went and bought another one this morning because I know that first one is gonna run out quick. 

I've had this frame I bought at an antique mall since December.  It's rattan with a glaze on top of it and is it's natural color.  I know I want it in the dining room, but had to figure out how to make it more me.  I've been watching Design Star and decided I want to be more "Vintage Glam Chic" like Mikel instead of my usual vintage chic.  According to Hilari (also on Design Star who is a Dallas based designer) you can glam it up with gold.  I hear ya girl - so I did what you said.


My magic wand


This mini-project took about 30 minutes.  I worked the frame a quarter at a time and let it dry a few minutes before moving to the next quarter.  Definitely drab to fab in 30 minutes flat. 

I'm flying to Houston tomorrow for girls' weekend in Rita's town.  But I already have the post for Monday figured out - tune in then!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...